Probe Research is currently looking for a creative, curious and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic and talented team as a Senior Research Associate.
With over 25 years of public opinion and market research experience, Probe Research is committed to providing insights on the most important issues of the day. Our clients benefit from our inquisitive natures, political acumen and storytelling abilities, which are rooted in impeccable methodologies and big data analytics.
The Position: Senior Research Associate (full time, permanent)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba (with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate)
About the Position:
As a Senior Research Associate, you will play a key role in this process by delivering high quality insights to a variety of clients.
Candidates with previous experience in social science and public opinion research, either through advanced post-secondary studies or work experience in the private sector, are preferred.
Supporting Probe’s partners and project leads in the development and delivery of research projects, including:
- Drafting survey questionnaires and designing survey approaches, sample frames and methodologies
- Conducting in-depth interviews and assisting with focus group moderation
- Finding the insights in large data sets and presenting complex information in plain, potent language
- Preparing survey and focus group reports and creating high-quality, visually striking reports in multiple formats, including PowerPoint
- Verifying data accuracy and significance
- Participating in team meetings and project planning
- Assisting in the preparation of high-level client research proposals
- Contributing to Probe Research’s growth with creative ideas for business and product development
Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary degree (e.g. social sciences, economics, psychology or related disciplines) and related work experience
- Analytical skills, logical thinking, superb attention to detail, excellent writing and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, creative and client-focused mindset
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize high quality materials
- Ability to organize and prioritize own workload while managing multiple projects
- A proven ability to work independently and contribute to the overall goals of the team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, SPSS
- Experience with R, Power BI and mapping tools/software an asset
- Experience with proposal writing an asset
- Additional language an asset
- Full-time with flexible hours
- Collaborative, dynamic and informal work environment located in Winnipeg's Exchange District (remote or hybrid work also available)
Salary Range and Benefits:
- Salary range: $55,000.00-$64,000.00 per year
- Company health benefits available
- Probe Research is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
- Manitobans preferred, but remote work (within Canada) will be considered for the right candidate
Please contact Mary Agnes Welch ([email protected]) to apply.
All applications will be held in confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.